Monday, October 3, 2011

Organize your Medicine Cabinet

(source)
My hubby cut his finger the other day and as I was searching our medicine cabinet for a band-aid, I was appalled at the terrible organization in there. It was a big mess with different strips of pills, bottles, creams and ointments just put together without any system to help me through it.

So after taking care of that nasty cut, I turned to the cabinet for some quick re-organizing.
Here's how I organized my supplies:

In one section I put all of the stuff that you could consider 'first-aid'. This includes band-aids, a disinfectant, and ointment for burns. Anything that I could need in case of a likely emergency. 


In another section I put all of our drugs that we use to deal with everyday ailments like headaches, soar throats and upset stomachs. In front went the stuff we use most often, which is a traditional type of Chinese cough drops. They're herbal and taste great. I sometimes take them instead of mints too.

In a third section I put all of the stuff we might take on trips. This is mostly medication that deals with digestive problems, but it also has some pills for nausea and it's where we keep the alcohol gel to sanitize.
So much for a quick organization of the medicine cabinet. As you can tell, we don't take a lot of pills. If you have to take something daily (in my case that's just a prenatal vitamin) then I suggest you don't store it in a medicine cabinet but somewhere in the kitchen or dining room where it's convenient to grab during a meal.
Getting a little pill-box that can help you prepare a week's worth of medication can be a real time saver too!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Dr Ho come's in mind. He should read this!

Unknown said...

Hehe, maybe Dr. Ho had his own system that was invisible to everyone else. I hope so at least!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...