Friday, October 14, 2011

Keeping Note Paper Nearby

Picture by Matt Reinbold
One of the things that always bugs me is when I have to write something down, but I can't fine a scrap of paper anywhere to do it. It happens in the house, when I'm on the phone, when I get an idea, or in class when a student talks to me and I need to remember to do something.
Since I get a lot of old notebooks from my students, I've now started keeping them in different parts of the house and in my school bag.
You can buy notepads, or you can make your own from scrap paper you have lying around. We used to staple together the last pages in school notebooks at the end of the year to make a new 'notebook' when we were kids. It's environmental and it saves you money!

Put your notebooks in different places. One for each room of the house works, though there are some rooms you can skip (I usually don't try jotting anything down while in the shower). 
Ideally you'd keep a pen with all the note paper too. 

I've found that taking notes on my phone doesn't really help me, because I can't do it fast enough and because I tend to forget about them once they're in there. Paper still does the trick for me.
What about you? Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to write stuff down but can't find a scrap of paper anywhere? What are your fixes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...