Friday, April 15, 2011

Put it Away... Right Away

Picture by Dominic Morel
It's been a busy day at my school. I've collected students' essays, notes and picked up a bag of groceries on the way home. I ran into a new colleague, who gave me his business card. I've just come home with a lot of extra stuff.
Luckily, I know exactly where everything should go. Students' essays go on my desk to correct, after which they will be filed. I read the notes and either file or discard them. Groceries go in the fridge. Business card goes in the drawer. In about 2 minutes, I have saved myself the hassle of cleaning up a pile of stuff later.
When you come into your house, take the time to put everything in its right place. You probably have a spot where you keep your change, your keys, your purse.
How about putting that cup in the sink when you're finished with it? Put the cookie wrapper in the trash can right away.
When you go to bed, take a minute to evaluate the current state of your outfit. Does it have another day in it? If not, straight to the laundry bin. If yes, but you won't wear it tomorrow: Fold it and put it back in the closet. It'll save you time when you get it back out.
Putting things away after you use them and are done with them makes sense! It helps you keep a clear home and a clear mind. It doesn't take much time, but it makes much time!

Now, if only I could remember where I put my glasses.

2 comments:

Robin said...

my office wants me to read this blog more often...
good stuff, keep it up :)

Unknown said...

Haha, your office and mine would have plenty to talk about! (I'm now completely undermining myself, aren't I? There's gonna be a post on taking my own advice at some point)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...