Friday, April 29, 2011

How to Watch a 'How-To'

I love to learn. I'm not really keen on spending hours behind a desk cramming, but I love to acquire new skills or get new ideas. I have plenty of different ways of learning in my life. My family and friends teach me stuff, I make mistakes and learn that way, and - and this is by far the best way, I think - I just look up how to do things.
My favorite places? Videojug and eHow.

Think about something you'd like to learn about, or browse the websites for interesting ideas. I will usually end up in the crafts or cooking section, but also watch a lot on personal finance, farming and writing.
Choose a video that seems interesting and just play it. You have either learned something new or remembered something you already knew. You can ignore the information, disagree or try the activity. It's up to you, but that still gives you a lot more options than not knowing about it at all.

A note of warning: How-to videos are addicting! Ideally do this when you really only have 5 minutes.

I recently stumbled across this tutorial on how to make cinnamon rolls, and ended up making them the next day since it was a Saturday (my weekly bread baking day).





2 comments:

Elise said...

woooow da ziet er lekker uit, wil ook wil ook wil ook als ik kom...

Unknown said...

Dan krijg je dat! Ze zijn het lekkerst vers uit de oven.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...