Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Read Some Good News

Picture by Crissy Watkins

I don't keep up to date with the news. In Belgium, it hasn't changed much in over a year, and it's never particularly good. The news that gets to the world headlines is mostly about war, hunger, disasters and crises. I don't see the point in watching that every day. I'm not helping by learning about it.

But, I do make an exception for good news. I'll browse the website of a newspaper and pick out something that looks positive and inspiring.

A daily portion of good news can work wonders for your mood and your faith in mankind. You'd be surprised at how much positive thoughts and feelings can change your experiences. Unfortunate events are rarely as unfortunate when you're in a great mood.
You can find good news (and ONLY good news) on the Good News NetworkGood News Daily (which also lets you add your own stories!), Happy News and MSN's Wonderful World.
The Good News Blog is another great source.

Isn't it comforting to know it no longer takes killing someone to make the news? Now we can get the attention we want by doing something good and worthwhile, and the attention positive all the way!

I'm a firm believer in 'you become what you think about most', so I try to steer my thoughts in a positive direction at all times. This has helped me avoid some bad situations and fix others.

Do you have any particular good news you came across that you'd like to share? Comment below!

4 comments:

Sam said...

It was my birthday sunday, and I spent it with people I love.

Simple good news.

take care,

Sam

Unknown said...

Did you get my birthday message?

Sounds like a great birthday to me. Don't need anything else.

Angeliki said...

That's a great idea. I became a news junkie the last few years, spending at least 2 hours daily reading newspapers. Reading only nice stories will be a perfect replacement of my addiction. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

I used to read quite a bit of news and then realized it just took too much of my time.
Glad you like the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...