Thursday, July 14, 2011

MWH Travel Tips: 2 - Packing Checklist

(Source)
Today, my hubby, my sister and me left on our two-week trip here in China. We didn't forget anything! How? Because of a great packing checklist.
When packing my bags for a trip or traveling, I usually make a checklist. Not a very long one, just something for me to go over to make sure I have all the necessities. It does help you not to forget some things, although you may just forget putting them on the checklist, and then it doesn't really do you any good.
So while I'm making the checklist, I try to mentally go through a day on the holiday, from the moment I wake up, to the moment I go to sleep. I imagine what I'm wearing, carrying and doing at those times. It helps me keep in mind what I need at each moment, and write that on the list. 
 Another great aid is the downloaded or on-line checklist. This is a good example. You can print them off and just add what you need. 
Stuff I would have forgotten but didn't because of doing this: cutlery set (useful in China), chargers for phones/Kindle, sunscreen, summer hat, band-aids, etc. We do quite a bit of hiking when possible, so there are a few things we need on trips that we normally don't use.

What's a must-have for you on trips? Anything you forget to pack on a regular basis? Feel free to warn others in the comments!

4 comments:

Timo Kiander said...

Jorinde,

Checklists are essential so that I remember to pack everything with me when I travel.

In fact, I'm making a quick trip tomorrow, but I'll make sure that everything is with me with a help of a checklist :)

Timo

Angeliki said...

That online list is so handy. Thank you so much! I do love my list.

Rebecca said...

Great list! Will definitely keep this in mind the next time I'm overwhelmed by the prospect of packing!
-Rebecca
http://www.rubin-hood.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm glad you thought the list was useful. I've found it so much easier than making my own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...