Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Worth Every Minute

Wednesday is the time for me to share some of the great stuff out there on the web. You can find the whole series of Worth Every Minute here.

It's summer time, and for many of us (including me) that means the reading rate goes up. I have a lot of family and friends whose idea of a relaxing time is reading a book in a park somewhere. It's how my sister and I spent half our time in Beijing last week.

I love reading, and I always want to read more. That is, I want to have already read more. There are so many books I want to experience, and so little time I have to read them. Summers are great for reading, but also for drinking cocktails, playing frisbee and having BBQ's. I can increase the time spent on reading, but I'd like to do the other stuff too. Are you the same?

One of the things that can help, is trying to increase your reading speed. Don't worry, you don't have to race through your books like a maniac, but a few little tricks can set you on the way to reading faster and reading more.

You can get some great tips in the following article from Lifehack.org:
7 Speed Reading Tricks by a Former Book-Hater by Karol Krol
Have fun reading!
Let me know what books you guys are into, I'd love to exchange ideas.

I recently finished The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry and thought it was pretty great. Difficult to put down.
Also read Elizabeth Gilbert's Commited and learned a lot about marriage. Very insightful!
Both books make excellent holiday reading!

PS. Today is my hubby's 25th Birthday ... so Happy Birthday honey!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...