Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Learn a Card Trick

Picture by Robert Couse-Baker
Remember when you were a kid and magic still had the power to amaze you? Actually, for me that feeling never quite left. I can still be amazed at very simple tricks. Any riddle to which I don't see the answer has the power to captivate me and makes me want to find out the truth behind the trick.

But I also love being the person to put others to the test and see if they can figure out the mystery behind a trick. Asking someone whether or not they want to see a card trick, I have never yet had a negative response. Of course, maybe my friends and family are only trying to be polite, but once they see the trick, they have a hard time letting go of it. It's a good time to start bargaining about who's going to do the dishes!
Learning a card trick or two is very simple. Many card tricks come with simple explanations, and you may have to practice them once or twice, but that's it. It's only knowing the secret behind it that gives you all the power, and that takes as much time as it takes you to read the explanation.
I've used card tricks with family, friends and to motivate whole groups of students. They always work.

The website I use to get them is this one: www.cardtricksite.com. Here you can find a list of their easy tricks.
If you've tried this on others, let me know how they respond. Share it too if you have found one trick to be particularly fun!

I realize I am giving away some of my most valuable secrets, revealing this site, but I trust that none of you will take advantage of this and reveal me when the opportunity arises. Thank you.

2 comments:

Elise said...

papa had het bij ignace geprobeerd en er al een fles wijn mee gewonnen denkik :-)

Unknown said...

Ik hoop dat ik dan toch mag meedrinken ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...