Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekly Quotes for Inspiration

Picture by Luann Johnson
I love quotes! They're brief, inspiring and often brilliant. Just little bits of wisdom that can create 'aha' moments in an instant. They also offer a great way to get acquainted with a famous person's mind, although they can be taken out of context too, or be attributed to the wrong author.
Either way, I have benefited an awful lot from having quotes around me. I sometimes spend an hour just reading them online, reveling in one after another. And what do I do with the best ones? Those rare jewels that means something special to me? I write them down somewhere so I can reread them whenever I like.
Having a weekly quote, can be a reminder of something you want to focus on that week.

I suggest that before your week begins, you think about what you'd like to focus on in the coming week. Do you need a reminder to be more productive or stop procrastinating? Would you like to remember to eat more healthily or exercise more? Could you use a quick note to make sure you treat the people around you the way you want to? There are quotes on all these situations, and thousands more. 

When you've found a quote that you love and that really captures the point, write it down. Don't write it down just anywhere, write it everywhere! Leave it on your fridge. Put it on your computer's wallpaper. Write it on your bathroom mirror. Write it in your diary. Leaving it in many places means you'll be reminded of it often, and at different times. You're not as receptive at different times during the day. And a quotation can mean something different to you, when you're in a different mood.

Need some inspiration? There's a weekly installment of quotes on Repsych, or you can check out The Quote Garden. Typing in 'quotes' in Google will yield plenty of results too.

My weekly quote I got from Repsych as well:

Nature does not hurry and yet everything s accomplished- Lao Tzu

2 comments:

Angeliki said...

I always have quotes written around me to inspire me. They are so powerful. My new mission is to cross-check the ownership of each quote, I'm using google books the only source I can trust!

PS. I'll link to this post on my next "quote inspiration" post

Jorinde said...

That's a big mission! Good luck with it :)

Thanks for the link! Hope my readers enjoy your blog as much as I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...