Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lift Some Weights

Picture by Keith Ramsey
Okay, so exercising is great and everything, totally necessary for your health and wellbeing, but let's face it: Who has the time? And if you have the time, who really wants to spend all their time on sweaty cardio-workouts? I sure don't.

As I've mentioned before, I do yoga for exercise. Yoga is mostly stretching and strengthening. I do it half an hour every morning, but somehow, I feel like it's not enough.
So lately, I've started using my husband's dumbbells on a regular basis. About twice every day.
Lifting weights doesn't have to take a long time. I can do about 50 repetitions in 2 minutes or less. I just do arms for now, and I just put on a fun song to pump me up a bit. 
It's key that you make this a habit. It can be totally random, just make sure you do it every day or every two days. Otherwise I can't guarantee results.
You can find some easy exercises here and here.
You could plan to do 20 reps every time come back from the bathroom. Or every time you eat something (before is better than after!). 
They're great, simple exercise. And you can just do it in little spurts of a couple of minutes. Doesn't seem like all that much effort, but those little bits add up. Also, ladies, don't worry about getting buff. Unless you're secretly taking testosterone, I'm sure you're safe!
Exercising is one of the things that's very difficult for me to keep up. So I have to cheat a little. I just do tiny bits here and there, and in the end it adds up to at least 30-45 minutes every day.

Instead of weights, you could also use other heavy objects, such as bottles of water or bags filled with sand. Dumbbells just happen to be very easy to hold.

Do you enjoy exercising? Do you make time for it? What kind of stuff do you do?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...