Sunday, June 19, 2011

5 Minute Meaningful Fathers' Day

If you've been on this blog for a while, you may have read my post on how to have a meaningful Mothers' Day in only 5 minutes. Well, of course, I won't forget about all those dads out there that deserve just as much love and attention.

So what can you do in a couple of minutes to give your Dad an extra treat on his special day? How about reversing the roles, for a change? Instead of wanting your dad to be proud of you, show him that you're proud of who he is!
When you're growing up, there comes a time when you realize that your parents are also just human. All of  a sudden, your dad isn't Superman anymore, but a person who makes mistakes, just like you and me. I remember that realization as being quite painful. 
Yet now, 15 years later, when I think of my Papa, I see a 'Superman' again, be it of an altogether different kind.
When my father was the age I am now, I was born. Thinking back on the years that followed, my early childhood, I'm so impressed with how good a father he was at such a young age. That's not the only thing I'm proud of. I'm proud to be the daughter of a man who is intelligent, kind, funny, playful and a wonderful teacher to his children and his students. A man who has found the key to life in enjoying every moment. He doesn't put off celebrations to a future day, but celebrates the here and now, with a glass of wine and some potato chips! That's something I aspire to every day, and this blog is an extension of that desire!
This Fathers' Day, let your dad know you're proud of him for who he is and what he's achieved. What has your dad done that makes you proud? What kind of person is he?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...