Thursday, June 16, 2011

Watch a 3-6 minute TED Talk

TED.com
TED talks are one of my addictions. They teach me and inspire me almost every day. What are they? They're lectures on various topics given by experts in their field, or just people like you and me who have something interesting to say. I usually watch these 20-minute video's for about an hour or two, and then feel totally guilty for having spent all that time being distracted.

Until I found out that there are also very short TED Talks, from 3-6 minutes. Now I watch one from time to time as a little treat when I finish my work 5 minutes early, or I still have 5 minutes before I need to run out the door to get to class.
Here you can find a list of all the TED Talks so far that are under 6 minutes. Below you can watch one of the most revealing ones I saw lately. 


Isn't that a revealing new idea? I've now forbidden myself to blab about future writing projects or ideas, until they're nearing the finish-line. It's much nicer to surprise someone with something pretty much done, than with an idea that might never make it into reality.
So next time I try to tell you something about my writing, shut me up immediately!

There are also really wonderful longer video's on TED. Just click on all talks and browse through the topics you're interested in. Respych also has a list of some of the most interesting ones out there.

2 comments:

Angeliki said...

Thank you, thank you ,thank you! This is what I wanted for my daily fixes of TED talks guilt-free. I had no idea about these 5 minutes one.

Unknown said...

You're welcome :-) It sure helps to save that 15 minutes of time. Or you could just watch 4 instead of one, of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...