Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Create a Desire Desktop Wallpaper Collage

I don't know if you've ever heard of The Secret (see this previous post for more), or what you think about it, but here's my twopence: I don't think the universe magically gives you stuff just because you want it. BUT, I do think that the idea of focusing on what you want can help you get it. How? By guiding your decisions to bring you closer to whatever it is you're wanting.
Once you're focused on, for example, becoming healthier, your mind will guide your decisions and actions in that direction. The same goes for making more money: You'll be more perceptive of the opportunities that might arise.
One of the ways I keep myself focused on the future I want (in this case my future home) is by making a vision wall desktop with a collage of what I desire most.
Step 1: think of the things you want most in your life, now or in the future. Look up some pictures on Google of these things, and save them to your computer. If it's an abstract concept, you can look for an abstract picture (a heart for love, an ocean view for peace and tranquility, etc.)

Step 2: open a Word file and tilt it so the page is horizontal (page layout --> orientation). Then cut out all the margins (layout --> custom margins --> put everything at 0). Start inserting pictures into the file, and move them around to where you want them. I'm sure you could use picture/image editing software as well, but I just haven't. 

Step 3: Put your file up on the screen so everything you want to include is shown. This is the dummy's way of creating a picture file. Press the 'Prt Scr' button at the top right of your keyboard and open Paint. Paste (Ctrl + V) and you have your picture!

Step 4: Go to your desktop. Right click, and select 'personalize'. Go to 'desktop background --> browse' and select your picture.
Voila! 
This is a picture of my desktop below!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...