Thursday, June 30, 2011

Share Great Content to Inspire Conversation

Picture by Kris Hoet
I love me a good conversation! Ain't nothin' like chatting away till the break o' dawn ... Actually, I don't need to talk like this to tell you conversations are cool. I'm sure you already know that. Why else is it that when someone finishes describing their first date with "we talked all night", we're much more inclined to share their hopes for the future than when they finish with "and then we ... " (fill in the blanks).
Conversation is a great way to connect to another person. But before there's a possibility of conversing, there needs to be something to converse about.

I've given you some ideas about small talk before (and told you about the big benefits of small talk!), so today I want to focus on having a solid conversation with someone you already know.
The hubby and I have been trying to find topics to talk about other than our daily lives, and I've found that sharing interesting articles or blog posts can inspire some very insightful discussions.

Share buttons under MWH posts
Most blogs and websites these days allow you to share what you read with other people through facebook, twitter, Google Buzz or other systems. Below each of my posts you can see some of the options for sharing. If you don't really want to send more stuff to someone through the digital spectrum, you could also recount what you read/saw/heard the next time you see him/her to spark the conversation. 

Chances are, you already talk about shared experiences like television shows you both watched, or the winnings of one sports team instead of another.  So why don't we do this more often for more in-depth conversations? These connections, however short, do wonders for intensifying and strengthening relationships. 
Do you often have deep conversations with friends or family? Do they make you feel uncomfortable? Are there issues you avoid talking about, or issues others avoid but you'd like to discuss?


I'm always open for a good conversation! Let me know if you'd like to have one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...